Friday 19 July 2013

"Do what we can, summer will have its flies."



It is 28 degrees outside and I’ve already swatted two fat flies whilst writing this. They come in my open window, the unwanted plus-ones of a much welcome cool breeze, dive-bombing and throwing themselves up against the window. I hate them. All I think when I hear that maddening buzzing is that I have to kill it. If my neighbours had glanced across they’d of seen me jumping on and off a chair, spraying and swatting like I was participating in an insect exorcism. I may not be the most skilled bluebottle assassin, but what I lack in co-ordination I make up in blood-thirsty determination. Jazz- 2, flies- 0.




Headscarf- M&Co, shirt- New Look, shorts- Forever 21

 
The heat has reached the stage of unwelcome house guest; someone recently said to me that they were hoping for one day of rain so that they could appreciate the sun again. There have been numerous sightings of awkward sunburn and car thermometers over 30 degrees, and I for one have been rendered unable to wear anything that doesn't resemble silk pajamas. Which, actually, suits me just fine.




Title quote is attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments :

Post a Comment