Thursday 1 August 2013

"I bring the sun wherever I go, buddy."

Having been away from home for the past two summers, and having heard the past two summers at home were dreadful, I felt pretty smug during this past heatwave. When someone complained about the heat, I'd tell them I was working in hotter last year. If people said to me I looked tanned I'd be all, "Oh, I'm just topping it up from last year. Yeah, I just hold tan really well". Smug with a Self-important capital S.

sunglasses- c/o my mother, jewellery- Forever 21, tunic- DIY
    
Honestly though, my tan only looked great in the right light. And despite having worked in the heat, I was in no way acclimatised. I spent an hour out in the sun the other week, got sunburnt, and thus spent the next two days indoors. I used my time well though: asides from making this top, I also made a bag from scratch. Not bad for someone who hasn't touched a sewing machine since before the first summer I was away two years ago.   


And suddenly, with that self-proclamation, I'm all Smug again. 



("Also, you can now follow my blog with Bloglovin!" she said, Smugly.)


Title quote from Franny and Zooey by J D Salinger

No comments :

Post a Comment